[Athen] JAWS and IFRAME

Dimac, Marcie mdimac at kent.edu
Thu Feb 12 06:36:33 PST 2015

Hello my fellow AT enthusiasts.

Does anyone have any thoughts/feedback on the accessibility of JAWS with Iframes? We are currently using them for our student login on our front facing main page and I'm having a hard time getting JAWS to play well. JAWS isn't picking up focus once I click on the login link, if I force the cursor into the login Iframe, JAWS isn't reading any of the form fields of links properly (i.e. Forgot your password link) either.

I'm thinking it just isn't properly coded, but web development is a little beyond my reach. The folks who are developing this have asked me to ask you.

Hopefully my explanation made sense! Any thoughts are welcomed.

Marcie Dimač, M.A. Ed.

Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Student Accessibility Services
Kent State University
Ground Floor, Rm. 23
DeWeese Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242

Phone: 330-672-3391
Fax: 330-672-3763
Email: mdimac at kent.edu<mailto:mdimac at kent.edu>

www.kent.edu/sas

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain confidential information intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this message and do not take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail or by calling 330-672-3001.