[Athen] DocSoft

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at email.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 18 07:03:27 PST 2015

Hi all,

Great questions Marcie... We are looking at various solutions as well. So, please reply to the list - thanks!

Dawn

~~
Dawn Hunziker

On Feb 18, 2015, at 7:16 AM, Dimac, Marcie <mdimac at kent.edu<mailto:mdimac at kent.edu>> wrote:

Morning y’all!

It was –7 here yesterday, yes that is a negative sign. Brrrr.

I would like to put a feeler out there for all folks who are currently using DocSoft captioning services for any of their captioning needs. A little background:

We own a license to DocSoft (have for years) but have never actually put it to use. I’d like to get some information on how other Universities are implementing DocSoft campus-wide.

I attended ATHEN and got some great info there – but am also looking if anyone can share the following info:

* Who “handles” this service? (I.e. Does your disability services office manage the DocSoft portal, or does IT?)
* Who is editing the transcripts?
* Is there a particular workflow that has worked for you that you would be willing to share?
* Is there ever a time when you outsource? If so, what is the reason (I.e. Video is 30 minutes or 1 hour)
* Any other information that you think might be helpful for me as we try to get some traction on this initiative!

Thanks, stay warm!!!!

Marcie Dimač, M.A. Ed.

Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Student Accessibility Services
Kent State University
Ground Floor, Rm. 23
DeWeese Center
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242

Phone: 330-672-3391
Fax: 330-672-3763
Email: mdimac at kent.edu<mailto:mdimac at kent.edu>

www.kent.edu/sas<http://www.kent.edu/sas>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain confidential information intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this message and do not take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail or by calling 330-672-3001.