[Athen] Does anyone have experience using Robobraille?

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu Feb 19 10:17:57 PST 2015

I am sure that Sean will weigh in at some point as Stanford has implemented a customized Sensus Access (Robobraille) system.

I am looking at a similar customized package for the CCCs, and I literally just started testing (yesterday ;-). The biggest thing to remember about this service, from my perspective, is that the system is automated—so garbage in, garbage out.

My intention is actually not to use it for braille (we already have pretty good systems for braille in place in the CCCs) but for DAISY, MP3, and accessible PDF documents. I like the fact that Sensus provides a cloud-based solution—removing the time consuming rendering of TTS from local machines so that the CPUs are freed for other work.

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
HTCTU Director
408-996-4636