[Athen] Windows 7 setting up a recurring reminder

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:08:09 PST 2015

How about using the google task scheduler, it will present a pop-up reminder

Also, I would like to add that in my opinion, 10 minutes is too long a
period to wait and save unless, the student is a SLOW typist. I have lost
lots of data when I forget to save in that time frame. - as in all AT, much
depends on the user. I would reconsider and calculate the amount of input
within a target time frame to determine the most efficient "SAVE" option.

How about using something like a MotivAider and have it vibrate at the
targeted time frames -the vibration is a subtle reminder to save?

Nettie's nickel

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Russell Solowoniuk <SolowoniukR at macewan.ca

> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> For exams where students are not allowed access to spell check and/or the

> thesaurus, we are having students use WordPad instead of Word.

> For the most part, this is working well, but we are concerned with the

> fact that WordPad does not have an auto-save feature like Word does, so in

> the event of a crash, the student will lose all his/her work.

> We remind students to save often, but sometimes, in the midst of exam

> anxiety, they forget.

> We are looking for an easy to use reminder program for Windows 7 that will

> pop up a message at a specified interval, say, every 10 minutes, to remind

> students to save their work.

> Is anyone using such a program?

> I've been searching the net and have found quite a fewsuggestions to use

> the Windows Task Scheduler, but my experiments with it have not worked so

> well.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Russell

> Russell Solowoniuk

> AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities

> MacEwan University

> 7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.

> Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2

> E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca

> T: 780-497-5826

> F: 780-497-4018

> macewan.ca

> This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is

> addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged

> information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended

> recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take

> action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent

> reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATPAssistive Technology Professional*
*RESNA Certified*

*California Certified NPA Nettiet, ATP
Consultantswww.nettietatpconsultants.com
<http://www.nettietatpconsultants.com>*