[Athen] No of staff in disability dept for number of students with disabilities.

E.A.Draffan ea at emptech.info
Fri Jan 9 11:36:29 PST 2015

Dr Abi James and I have been exploring a question that has arisen on our UK
mailing list for disability officers. How many support staff are needed to
support a number of students with disabilities? We have a 1999 figure of 1
to 200 students but this is rather out of date and we wondered if anyone had
carried out any research in the USA related to this issue?

This question comes as all our funded support packages are changing during
2015-2016.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer as I realise this is not a
simple question with so many different types of support. Sadly I cannot
remember an ATHEN survey that covered this topic - I know we asked about AT
but not first responder and general support and study skills. Happy 2015!

Best wishes

E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton