[Athen] Box.com accessibility

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Fri Jan 16 07:57:16 PST 2015

Hi Heidi,

Information approaching a year old, but I tested
Box with marginal success. The basic file copying
feature was screenreader-accessible, but none of
the share-with-other-users functions worked for
me. The entire help system was contained in
overlays that were not detected by screen readers.

Some of the plugins worked better (for MS Word &
Outlook, for example). They have a universe of
plugins, which is nice if you need to integrate
with a specific program. However if you get too
many of them, then you end up with a ton of
things all trying to autoupdate, etc...

I had zero luck with the Box iOS app, but that
may have been me/my old phone at the time.

I hope things have improved. Haven't heard anything that would indicate so...

Patrick