[Athen] Braille Boot Camp at NBA in April

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Mon Jan 26 16:51:59 PST 2015

For those sighted DSPS professionals who want to learn to read braille, I
will be offering the three-day training for sighted learners (aka, Braille
Boot Camp) at the National Braille Association spring conference, April
16-18, in Austin, Texas. Please see the information below for details and
how to register. All the other presentations of Braille Boot Camp this
school year will be in California, so this is a great opportunity for those
of you in the Midwest area.

Please feel free to distribute this information widely. Thank you.

Gaeir

***

National Braille Association Spring 2015 Professional Development Conference

Celebrating 70 Years of Service!

Thursday, April 16, 2015 - Saturday, April 18, 2015

Calling all Transcribers, TVIs, Paraprofessionals, and Professionals in
Blindness field,

I would like to extend an invitation to the National Braille Association
Spring 2015 Professional Development Conference and the kick-off event of
our 70th anniversary year. From April 16th to April 18th, we will convene in
the "friendly city" of Austin, Texas. Referred to as the city of slogans,
Austin is most known for being the "live music capital of the world."

We are pleased to announce that we will be offering the three-day intensive
training on the Unified English Braille (UEB) code that was so well received
at our Fall 2014 conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This training, referred
to as "UEBe Ready", is a must-attend workshop for any transcriber or teacher
who needs to be prepared to transcribe using UEB. This workshop is limited
to the first 200 people who register, so make sure to sign up as soon as
possible.

Additionally, we will be offering a three-day "Braille Boot Camp, " a
two-day training on CorelDRAW, and our standard three days of half-day
workshops. Some workshops are limited in the number of participants, so
don't delay in registering.

Our host is the Double Tree Austin. The room rate is $149.00 per night for
single or double occupancy. Reservations must be made on or before March 29,
2015 to receive the conference rate. Early-bird Registration is $175.00
through February 28, 2015. There will be NO On-site registration at this
conference. To register, and for additional information, visit our website:
www.nationalbraille.org

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges