[Athen] Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association

Adina Mulliken am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu
Wed Jul 1 12:54:04 PDT 2015

Alexa,
I'd be very interested to hear if you locate a well structured copy of the APA Manual. I know a number of librarians have struggled with the need for that (as well as other style guides) but I don't know if anyone has found one. (There was a discussion about it on the American Library Association's Universal Accessibility Interest Group listserv recently.)
OWL's website https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ does include headings, but it has been difficult for blind students I've worked with to distinguish or quickly locate the examples below the headings, since the examples are not labelled. OWL does not include all of the content of the Manual, though many students rely on OWL anyway. I have a version of part of OWL's website that I tried to edit for accessibility in a Word document that I'll email to you separately. I also added the work "italics" where relevant, since most of my students haven't known how to change Jaws' settings to read italics. I'd be happy for advice about it if you have any.

Adina Mulliken
Assistant Professor, Librarian
Social Work and Public Health Library
Hunter College, CUNY