[Athen] Nemetex Backtranslator

Alexa Schriempf ats169 at psu.edu
Tue Jul 7 06:19:55 PDT 2015

I was in the process of testing it out with a trial version from the
developer, when my computer crashed. What I learned, up to the stopping
point of my computer crashing and my requesting a new build, is:

1) You need nemetex
2) You need two additional packages -- MikTex and Tecnic Central
3) You need java to bridge all this together
4) Your computer needs to adore JAVA
5) Of course this must be PC based.

I'm very very keen on getting this combination of tools to work well
together as I have a blind student who is fluent in Nemeth braille and
would like to be able to write his equations in Nemeth and output for
sightlings.

I do know that LeanMath is another way to input math, but I do not know
what the input is for the student -- nemeth, unicode, latex? And of course
Infty but I believe that requires LaTex input.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Ron Stewart <ronrstewart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning anyone have any current status or comments on this product?

> Ron Stewart

Alexa Schriempf, PhD
Access Tech Consultant
https://sites.psu.edu/aschriempf/