[Athen] Peoplesoft Campus Solutions

Scott Marshall marsh058 at umn.edu
Thu Jul 23 08:59:56 PDT 2015

Where to start...

Scott Marshall writing from the University of Minnesota. Our campus just
upgraded PeopleSoft for Campus Solutions (9.0), Finance, and HR and we're
still working through accessibility. We'll be presenting about our
experience at Accessing Higher Ground in November, FYI. Here's the gist of
what we're doing...

Core PS didn't deliver anything (much) accessible. We contracted with a
company called GreyHeller - ex-Oracle/PeopleSoft folks - that makes a
product called PeopleMobile. The thinking was that we could work with them
to create a wrapper (mobile available on desktop) that we would then make
accessible. GH has been terrific to work with and we're all learning a lot
through this project (first of its kind that we're aware of). We're about
1/3 of the way through 75 self-service applications - hoping to be done by
the end of the calendar year. Our presentation at AHG will be a panel
including GH people working on the project - there's a lot to be learned
from what we've been through and we want to share it with anyone
interested. There's at least as much that can be improved - we hope the
larger community will contribute to that as well.

Our IT folks are currently evaluating People Tools 8.5.4 to understand the
accessibility benefits there too so we can start to think about what's next.

Happy to answer questions or have conversations off-list. Or see you in
November...

scott

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Joseph Sherman <Joseph.Sherman at cuny.edu>
wrote:

> Has anyone done an evaluation of PS Campus Solutions or other modules?

> I've just begun looking at our implementations and some of the pages are a

> mess. Also they work differently depending on my browser and screen reader

> combination.

> Joseph

> Sent from phone

Scott Marshall
Associate Director
University of Minnesota Disability Resource Center

o. 612.626.4954
m. 612.245.7632