[Athen] installing AT on Surface Pro 3

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Fri May 8 09:14:57 PDT 2015

Good stuff, Doug.

I too was able to install NatSpeak Pro on a Surface Pro. Rather than trying
to deal with an external optical drive, I created a .ISO file from the
install media on a different computer and then transferred that to the
target machine, mounted it as a drive using Virtual CloneDrive, and
installed from there. This approach works very well for a number of
applications, and you'll find that it's a faster experience because you're
not dealing with the limited speed of a mechanical device.

I also recommend using a USB microphone to overcome any limitations of the
sound card on the Surface.

-*- Dan

--
-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>