[Athen] Articulate Storyline alternatives?

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at nau.edu
Tue May 26 15:19:42 PDT 2015

Hi, all. I'm working with a developer who has been building tutorials in Articulate Storyline (Flash mode) for awhile. She wants to produce accessible tutorials, but despite AS's claims of "508 Compliance" there's no user education available, and despite her best efforts, her beta-stage tutorials don't work at all with JAWS and barely function even part of the time with keyboard-only and vision. I'd like to suggest she change authoring tools completely, not only for accessibility but also so that she can produce content that can be accessed on a wider array of devices. What tool(s) would you recommend she investigate as alternatives to Articulate Storyline, and why?

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom,
Teresa

Teresa Haven, Ph.D.
Accessibility Analyst, Northern Arizona University