[Athen] Request for STEM Program Information

Ganga Harrison gdharris at ucsc.edu
Tue May 26 16:08:57 PDT 2015

Dear ATHENS members,

I am fairly new to the accessible technology field. I am in the process of
gathering information on the production process for STEM content.

I have previously attended the Overview of Math Accommodations training
with Gaier at HTCTU but this was last year when I was fairly new so much of
the information was over my head until now.

I plan to visit UC Berkeley's Alt Media Center this summer to observe their
production process and gather more information on implementing a STEM
production flow for our school.

After all of my research I will create a proposal to get funding for the
purchase of the needed software and training for staff.

​I would appreciate anyone whose institution has started and implemented
STEM production successfully to share what did and didn't work when
creating a production process for STEM. ​

Any information is helpful including a template for a proposal if you have
one. Thanks so much!

--

Sincerely,

Ganga Harrison