[Athen] Math accessibility on OS X -- does it exist?

Todd Schwanke todd.schwanke at wisc.edu
Tue Sep 15 07:28:51 PDT 2015

Kathy:

MathML with Safari
http://accessibility.psu.edu/math/mathml/

Others will likely post follow-ups.

Todd Schwanke
UW-Madison

From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Kathleen Cahill
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:22 AM
To: Access Network <athen-list at u.washington.edu>
Subject: [Athen] Math accessibility on OS X -- does it exist?

Hi Colleagues,

I have a returning student with a visual impairment who has a MacBook Air. She is using Kurzweil 3000 to visually and auditorially read text. We were going to set her up with Math enabled Windows documents using Central Access Reader but something in OS X Yosemite is breaking Central Access Reader so it does not work. Does Math Player work in any browsers on OS X? I'm wondering if we convert the student's Math doc files to some other format, if we can have Math Player read the Math expressions in Firefox with Voice Over.

Thanks for your expertise on this.

Kathy

Kathleen Cahill
MIT Assistive Technology Information Center (ATIC)
77 Mass. Ave. 7-143
Cambridge MA 02139
(617) 253-5111
kcahill at mit.edu<mailto:kcahill at mit.edu>