[Athen] Amara captioning - how do you find captioned videos

KRISTA L. GREEAR greeark at uw.edu
Mon Apr 11 17:12:54 PDT 2016

Krista

From: athen-list [mailto:athen-list-bounces at mailman13.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Howard Kramer
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 5:08 PM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network <athen-list at u.washington.edu>
Subject: [Athen] Amara captioning - how do you find captioned videos

Is there anyway to find videos (auto-captioned on YouTube for example) that have been captioned on Amara? I've noticed that if you log into Amara and enter a YouTube video url that needs captioning you'll sometimes find that video already manually captioned by someone else. Anyone know a way of finding these captions without going through this somewhat cumbersome process.

Thanks,
Howard

--
Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator

Join us for the Accessing Higher Ground Conference<http://accessinghigherground.org/> in Denver, Colorado, Nov 14-18, 2016. Request for proposals will be announced at the beginning of March.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up of webinars, AHEADtoYOU!<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars> And the Technology Access Series<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>. Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? We welcome you to join AHEAD now.<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>