[Athen] Response - Free software to create accessible Online SCORM Course

Stefani Cuschnir stefani.cuschnir at deque.com
Thu Apr 21 06:15:55 PDT 2016

We also offer our Deque University online curricula via SCORM to integrate
with customer learning centers.

SCORM is completely neutral in terms of accessibility. It's just a method
for indexing and sequencing learning content. It's essentially metadata
about content. It isn't the content itself.

What you should ask is "How can we design content within Captivate 7 that
will be accessible?" They might be exporting to Flash or to HTML 5 from the
Captivate authoring tool, so then it comes down to 1) knowing accessibility
and 2) knowing the capabilities of Captivate with respect to
accessibility. You should ask about how to use Captivate effectively.
But all the basics apply:

- alt text for images
- labels for buttons
- captions for videos