[Athen] Meet Me in St. Louis, October 27, 28, 29, 2016

Jana Hertz JanaBrailles at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 06:02:44 PDT 2016

National Braille Association 2016

Professional Development Conference

<http://www.nationalbraille.org/> NATIONAL BRAILLE ASSOCIATION

Meet Me in St. Louis

Registration is still available!

The National Braille Association is heading to St. Louis, Missouri for our
2016 professional development conference, and we hope you are too!. Known
as the Gateway to the West, the Gateway Arch greets visitors to this
cultural and historic city! St. Louis boasts of historic and cultural
attractions, many of which are free. Get a glimpse of where Lewis and Clark
set out on their historic expedition by visiting the Lewis & Clark Boat
House and Nature Center, or the Lewis & Clark monument on the Missouri
River. Interact with butterflies at the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House.
Roam the Missouri Botanical Garden, a National Historic Landmark with 79
acres of scenic landscaping and elegant structures. Journey to the top of
the Gateway Arch, our nation’s tallest man-made monument at 630 feet. Relax
on a Riverboat cruise; or immerse yourself in a little arts and culture. If
you are feeling adventuresome, there is a wealth of attractions to see and
experience.

Our host hotel is the St. Louis Union Station, once the largest and busiest
passenger rail terminal in the world. Today, this 120-year-old National
Historic Landmark of unmatched beauty and elegance is home to the St. Louis
Union Station Hotel – a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.

Once again, we are looking forward to 30 exciting workshops. With the
Unified English Braille Code as our focus, there is a lot to learn! Topics
will include but are not limited to UEB, textbook and Nemeth format, music,
computer-assisted transcription and tactile graphics. Just to pique your
interest here are a few of the sessions being developed just for you:

* Mathematics: Nemeth in UEB

* Tactile Graphics: Tactile Graphics for Young Readers

* Music Braille: Music Theory Textbooks in UEB

* Formats: Formats and UEB

* Computer Assisted: Workshops available for Braille 2000 and
Duxbury

This is the ONLY NBA conference this year! Don’t miss out!

Register now at: <http://www.nationalbraille.org> www.nationalbraille.org

We look forward to seeing you there!!!

Jana Hertz
Library of Congress Certified Transcriber

* English Literary Braille
* Unified English Braille

National Braille Association

NBA Vice President