[Athen] FYI: Portland Community College Web Accessibility Guidelines

Nast, Joseph M Joseph.M.Nast at lonestar.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:02:33 PDT 2016

Doing some research for our upcoming Math faculty professional development workshop and came across some excellent instructional support resources by Portland Community College that I had to share with you all (especially those using D2L):

http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/documents/WebA11Y-HB2_Print-HiRes.pdf

http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/

http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/blog-post.html

http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/Math-Accessibility.html

http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/documents/math-accessibilityreport.pdf

I'm sure many of you already know of PCC's outstanding track record in post-secondary disability services and accessibility. IMO, initiatives like creating a dedicated position for "...an Accessibility Advocate who trains instructors and reviews courses for accessibility" sets a great example for UDL and accessible course content development at post-secondary institutions nationwide.

Thanks PCC!

Joseph M. Nast<mailto:joseph.m.nast at lonestar.edu>
Assistive Technology Lab Coordinator
office phone: 281.290.3207
office room number: CASA 109f
Lone Star College Cy Fair<http://cyfair.lonestar.edu/>
Counseling, Career, and Disability Services<http://www.lonestar.edu/counseling-services.htm>

The information in this e-mail is legally privileged and confidential information intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named above.