[Athen] Accessibility of Content Controls in Word 2007+

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:15:04 PDT 2016

Hi Karlen
I found this on a Freedom Scientific page when I was looking on
creating forms for my use with JAWS. The language on the page is:
NOTE: There are several new form controls called "content controls"
that are available in Word 2007 - 2013 for creating form fields. At
the present time,
JAWS does not work with forms created with the newer content controls.
Microsoft is aware of this and they are working towards a better
solution. Therefore,
these instructions show you how to use legacy controls within Word to
create accessible forms.
http://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter/archives/training/accessible-forms-in-word.htm

There is also some info on the Section 508 website
http://www.section508.va.gov/support/tutorials/word/13forms_1.asp
Best regards,
Jeff