[Athen] Anyone having trouble with MathType + MSWord 2016?

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 30 14:47:27 PDT 2016

We are having problems with Microsoft Word 2016 crashing, and have traced it back to a recent upgrade applied to our version of 2016. Removing the MathType plugin and reinstalling Word 2016 solved the problem with the crashing, but it isn't going to solve our problem with the need of MathType for production!

Anyone else experiencing this and know of a solution/workaround? We can backtrack to an earlier version of Word, but eventually, we're going to have to go back to 2016.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Access Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder