[Athen] VideoAnt

Schafer, Carmen schafercg at missouri.edu
Fri Dec 2 07:46:54 PST 2016

Hello everyone (and please forgive cross-posts),

We have a student who is deaf, and has to view and comment on videos housed in VideoAnt for a course.

The instructor is using VideoAnt but we are not familiar with it. We assume it allows students to make comments on video projects.

Throughout the semester we've been captioning the videos through Amara. It has worked great until now.

>From what we can tell, Amara will not recognize the VideoAnt URL... So, the student will not be able to use it to see other student's comments, or make their own comments because there is no captioning. The instructor sent us some information about captioning the videos and then uploading them to a private YouTube channel - which would be great but you have to be the owner of the video. The owners of the videos are the students in the class so we can't do anything to them.

Anyone run into this before and have any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,

Carmen Schafer

MU Division of IT, Adaptive Computing Technology Center

Email: schafercg at missouri.edu<mailto:schafercg at missouri.edu>