[Athen] training resource for D2L

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Wed Dec 14 13:50:49 PST 2016

Hi Howard,
For instructor - how to make D2L content accessible
<http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/d2l.html>, I
humbly refer you to our website. There are step by step instructions and 2
minute videos.
For student - here is a student orientation to D2L Brightspace for JAWS
screen reader users that was originally created by at Stephen F. Austin
State University. We have modified it (with their permission) for PCC's use:

- Optimal Account Settings for JAWS users
<http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/D2-account-settings-for-JAWS.html>
- Navigating D2L Course Content with JAWS
<http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/d2l-navigation-with-jaws.html>
- Navigating Quizzes with JAWS
<http://www.pcc.edu/resources/instructional-support/access/navigating-quizzes-with-jaws.html>

Unfortunately I think this orientation will need to completely change when
they introduce their new Daylight interface
<https://www.d2l.com/resources/videos/the-brightspace-daylight-user-experience/>
this Spring.

Until then, I hope this helps.

Best,

Karen

Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
Twitter: @ksorensun