[Athen] Fonts for dyslexia

Normajean.Brand normajean.brand at hccs.edu
Tue Feb 16 15:48:48 PST 2016

Hi Rachel,
As a person who is dyslexic, and wasn't diagnosed until my 30s! (and then it all made sense), I've looked at and even downloaded and used the OpenDyslexic and Dyslexie, and others, to my personal computer and campus computers. What I found for my personal use, these "dyslexic fonts" and others just weren't any more helpful than any others with a little more line spacing, spacing/kerning than normal. My favorite has become Verdana. On my campus computers, the fonts are still there for any students to use, but my students hated them and resorted back to Arial, Helvetica, Calibri, or Verdana.

NJ
________________________________
NJ Brand, ATAC
Houston Community College-Northwest
ADA Technician
College Educational & Technology Services - C.E.T.S.
Room RC13
1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N.
Houston TX 77043
VM/Office: 713.718.5604
FAX: 713.718.5430
Email: normajean.brand at hccs.edu<mailto:normajean.brand at hccs.edu>

If you have a counseling emergency, please call 911. Ability/Counseling/AT Services staff members do not maintain 24-hour access to e-mail accounts, but do check email during regularly scheduled business hours.

***Confidentiality Notice (FERPA & HIPAA)***
This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C._2510-2521. The information in this email is confidential and may contain information that is privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s); access to anyone else is unauthorized. If you received this message in error, do not review, disseminate, distribute or copy it. Please notify the sender by reply email immediately that you received the message in error and then delete the message and any attachments in its entirety. Thank you for helping maintain privacy.
Because e-mail is not a secure medium, confidentiality of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.