[Athen] Text to Speech Reader

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:32:34 PST 2016

Shelley mentioned using text macros which is a great idea. For many years
now, I've used a program called Phrase Express (PC) that runs in the
background. It works in all the environments that I've needed to type. It
already has a large dictionary of abbreviations with expansions. And it's
very easy to add your own. There is a free version and a pay version. I do
use the pay version because it is for work, but it's very reasonable.
Although the instructor won't need this feature, one thing I really like is
that an abbreviation in Phrase Express can actually have multiple
paragraphs! I find this saves me a great deal of time with specific types
of case notes - such as AT meetings with students. I can put in a full case
note, and with a few tweaks, be done in about 1 minute.

Heidi

+++++++++++++++
Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director - Assistive Technology --- Center for Educational Access
University of Arkansas --- 209 ARKU --- Fayetteville, AR 72701
479.575.3104 ph --- 479.575.7445 fax --- 479.575.3646 tdd
+++++++++++++++

StrengthQuest Talent Themes: Learner, Input, Maximizer, Intellection,
Arranger

*This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Your cooperation
is appreciated.*

+++++++++++++++
Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director