[Athen] ATHEN Membership Renewal Notice

Humbert, Joe johumber at iu.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:26:01 PST 2016

Hi All,

I wanted to let everyone on the list know that current ATHEN memberships expired on December 31st, 2015 as per our new membership year. As membership coordinator and a member of the executive committee, I am inviting current and former ATHEN members as well as potential new members to join our organization. To renew or become a new member please visit the ATHEN Membership page<http://athenpro.org/node/9>.

As part of the by-law changes, the new membership year is from January 1st through December 31st. Anyone that renewed their membership from October 1st through December 31st of the previous membership year (2015) will have their membership extended until the end of the current member ship year (December 31st, 2016).

Note: For those members who renewed via Accessing Higher Ground (AHG) conference registration, Please still visit the registration link about and send us your current information. There is an option for stating you renewed via the conference.

I will be sending out membership confirmation to members who registered or renewed during the grandfathering period or through AHG next week. If you have questions about your membership status, please contact me via email or phone.

ATHEN Members help achieve the purpose of the ATHEN professional organization<http://www.athenpro.org/node/8>. In addition, our members help the higher education community at large and beyond with technology access to the education opportunities and experiences afforded by post-secondary institutions.

I have been an active member of ATHEN since 2006. Being an ATHEN member has provided me with many opportunities to participate in collaborations with colleagues that have had a significant impact on technology access in the higher education arena. It has also helped me expand my professional network by establishing lasting relationships with other access technologists. I have been able to utilize this network to receive advice on a range of topics from accessibility feedback about software or hardware my institution is considering purchasing to career and training advice from professionals who have been in this field for over 20 years.

Being an ATHEN member has been a key part of my growth as an access technologist and I hope ATHEN membership provides a similar experience for all of you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Joe
Joe Humbert
Membership Coordinator
Access Technologist Higher Education Network (ATHEN)
membership at athenpro.org<mailto:membership at athenpro.org>