[Athen] Web Accessibility Instructor Opportunity with Bellevue College

AJ Duxbury aj.duxbury at bellevuecollege.edu
Wed Jan 20 12:41:06 PST 2016

Forwarding on behalf of a colleague with BC's Continuing Education. A great opportunity to teach web accessibility!
---
Bellevue College Continuing Education (CE) offers a course in Web Accessibility that is required for our Certificate in Web Design. Unfortunately our scheduled instructor backed out unexpectedly and we are looking for someone to step in, possibly as early as Feb. 8 but definitely for Spring quarter.

The class is a 9 hour evening course, combining simulations to inform designing for people with disabilities, introduction to accessibility technology, and information around Sec 508 policy. CE will provide all course materials (slides, course map, skill checks, etc.), but we value instructors who can bring their own experience and examples to the classroom. Formal college level teaching experience isn't required, CE values professional experience in the subject area and some training or instruction experience, preferably with adult learners.

Thanks for your consideration, please contact me with interest!
Josh Isgur
Product Manager, Technology Programs
Bellevue College Continuing Education
425.564.3172
josh.isgur at bellevuecollege.edu<mailto:josh.isgur at bellevuecollege.edu>
http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ce/technology-classes/
---
AJ Duxbury
Interim Director
Disability Resource Center (DRC)
425-564-2658

Bellevue College, B132
3000 Landerholm Circle S.E.
Bellevue, WA, 98007
Phone: (425) 564-2658/TTY: (425) 564-4110/FAX: (425) 564-4138
drc at bellevuecollege.edu<https://mail.bellevuecollege.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=Q_baokr2QUqnc2g4DrKzkcAHwwR0idEII24EQ8Xld4RkbvPU3TM-O5VcUBLCEo3pveOFAmi9U0o.&URL=mailto%3adrc%40bellevuecollege.edu>
www.bellevuecollege.edu/drc<https://mail.bellevuecollege.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=Q_baokr2QUqnc2g4DrKzkcAHwwR0idEII24EQ8Xld4RkbvPU3TM-O5VcUBLCEo3pveOFAmi9U0o.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bellevuecollege.edu%2fdrc>

"When we do not check facts, dispel stereotypes, learn about difference, and appreciate new perspectives, we are teaching powerful negative lessons to the students we serve." - Dr. Margaret J. Barr