[Athen] Sending signed PDFs

Joshua Hori jhori at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 12 17:47:12 PDT 2016

Not sure the alt text is needed for the signature as their name will be posted on the bottom anyways. A blank alt would work as it's a decorative item to those with screenreaders.

Word and PDF is probably best as most visually disabled users toss PDF attachments in the trash. I can't get my users to use the OCR built into JAWS due to the issues present with image PDF's, searchable PDF's, and tagged PDFs. JAWS reads image PDF's but doesn't do anything for the searchable and tagged, even if they're messed up with spacing between characters.

The best possible practice would be to make a memo site and post them all there with an automated email notifying users of memo updates and quick search capabilities. Memos get lost too easily in emails.

Joshua