[Athen] Duxbury and document page number defaults

Tredinnick, Victoria vtredinnick at LSAC.org
Mon Mar 14 12:15:54 PDT 2016

I had the same problem, which I solved by creating a new template. You open a new document using your desired template, change the page settings, and then save the template under a new name (if you'd like to preserve the original template). Alternatively, you could choose "replace existing template".

Here are the instructions I gave to my team:

1. From within Duxbury, select File: New…
Document Type: Print
Document Settings Template: English (UEB) – BANA.

2. In the new document, under "Document", select "Page Numbering…"
and on the pop-up window:
First, set the two "Reference Page Numbering" locations to "None"
and then set the two "Page Numbering" locations to "Upper Right".
First page number to display: 1
Click OK.

3. To save as a new template, go to Document: Create Template…
In the first text box, enter name "UEB Template"
Ignore "Replace Existing Template"
Check "Set template as default"
Check "Use customized Word style map"
Word style map: bana
Ignore button for "Table of Contents Options"
Choose "Share with Others"
OK
And then, for "Would you like current codes and text to be included?": NO

VICTORIA TREDINNICK