[Athen] Text message accessibility

Alexander Umstead awumstead at gmail.com
Sun May 1 12:45:33 PDT 2016

VoiceOver will read text messages on an iPhone, including built-in(?)
descriptions of emojis. I also tested it on some images I had sent in
both iMessages and standard text messages, and VO reads what seems to be
some descriptive metadata(?) about the image (e.g., "crisp, well-lit,
[time taken]"). The fact that these were images I took with my iPhone
may make a difference - not sure how VO reads images taken from other
people's phones or other devices.

Alex