[Athen] How readers interpret math (Amy Baker)

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:33:00 PDT 2016

Hey all,

I thought I would throw my 2 cents worth hat into the ring on this. If the
student is blind, they can learn nemeth code Even if the student is not
blind, they could learn nemeth. It's a fairly accurate way of putting it
into math ml. If the student can type, they can get a copy of math type and
use that to input the math. Or they can use a program combination of math
talk with Dragon Naturally Speaking and scientific notebook. the dictation
software with Dragon Naturally Speaking works specifically with math all
the way up through trigonometry and so basic math, algebra, physics &
trig. The output is into math ml. This is very helpful software for
students who have a reading disability in math or who have a mobility
impairment that prevents them from typing.

If you have any questions specifically, please do not hesitate to contact
me directly. I'm glad to help. I also provide training on the math
dictation software if needed.

Wink Harner
The foreign type
Adaptive technology training