[Athen] Free Webinar June 1 - Accessible Online Courses: Challenges
kzirkle1 at gmu.edu
Wed May 18 10:27:28 PDT 2016
Please share with anyone who may be interested:
The Web Accessibility Group (WAG) for Higher Education<http://www.amacusg.gatech.edu/wag/Main_Page> cordially invites you to attend an upcoming webinar on Accessible Online Courses: Challenges and Solutions, with an overview of George Mason University's Assistive Technology Initiative.
Login link and Recording details provided under item 2) below. Please feel free to share this announcement with others at your location.
1) WAG Monthly Meeting (free, online)
* Date: Wednesday June 1, 2016
* Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm (EDT)
* Topic: Accessible Online Courses: Challenges and Solutions, with an overview of George Mason University's Assistive Technology Initiative<http://ati.gmu.edu/>
* Session Description:
* In this session Kara Zirkle will discuss Inclusive Technology Assessment Strategies for Higher Education. Topics include integrating accessibility into the online course development process, development of an accessibility checklist and course evaluation documents. Kara will also discuss building an Accessibility Initiative, as evidenced by GMU's successful program by this title.
* Kara Zirkle, IT Accessibility Coordinator, Assistive Technology Initiative, George Mason University
* Ms. Zirkle has over 15 years experience working with individuals with disabilities. Kara has worked at George Mason University (GMU) as the IT Accessibility Coordinator for over 8 years. She works to ensure that Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance of electronic and information technology (E&IT) is accessible to faculty, staff, students and public both with and without disabilities.
2) Login Information
* Live and Recorded Session
* The live webinar will take place via Collaborate on Wed June 1 from 11am-12pm (EDT)
* Note: Recording link will be available the following week on the WAG Monthly Meetings<http://www.amacusg.gatech.edu/wag/Monthly_Meetings> webpage
* Login Link: Please check your login anytime prior to the meeting by selecting the login link below
* WAG June 1 Login Link<https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2015068&password=M.25BD656C52F9F0F3541B72025D5D3F>
* Closed captioning provided in both live and recorded session
* Accessibility Guide for Blackboard Collaborate<http://www.adaconferences.org/Accessibility/>
* Tech Support available 24/7 and 365 days a year by calling:
* U.S. and North America, Toll Free: 1 (877) 382-2293
* U.K. Toll Free: (0800) 051-7248
* Ireland: 800 64 4528
* Australia, Toll Free: 1 (800) 26-7338
* International, Non Toll Free: 1 (606) 274-2370
Look forward to seeing you online Wed June 1, 2016 for this highly informative presentation!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list