[Athen] USB to LPT printing

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:14:38 PDT 2016

Robert,

Not entirely sure this is the answer you're looking for is I can't test it
out myself for you.

If it's a driver issue, here is a link for downloading & installing drivers
for the embossers which allow you to print to a USB port with your converter
cable.

http://www.brailler.com/drivers2.htm

If it some other issue, here's a link with some Q&A's from Duxbury on this
very topic. Here's the link:

http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/troubleshooting/Common_P
roblems.htm

Hope some of this is helpful.

Wink

Wink Harner

Adaptive Technology Consulting & Training

Alternative Text & Media Production

The Foreigntype

<mailto:foreigntype at gmail.com> foreigntype at gmail.com

<mailto:winkharner1113 at gmail.com> winkharner1113 at gmail.com

(Disclaimer: this email was dictated with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please
forgive any quirks, mis-recognitions, or omissions.)

PS: And the answer, if you want to just glance at this first:

" Q: My Braille embosser was working fine until I installed a new ink
printer. Now my braille embosser won't work at all.

A: The chances are that you have set-up DBT in Global/Embosser Setup to
print direct to a printer port such as LPT1. In Windows, go to Settings,
Printers, and Add New Printer. Under Printer Manufacturers select "Generic",
and under Type, select Text Only. Now run DBT, go to the Global menu, then
Embosser Setup, and under Windows devices, select the Generic/Text Only
printer which you have just installed."