[Athen] equipment loan policies?

Normajean.Brand normajean.brand at hccs.edu
Thu May 19 11:03:53 PDT 2016

Hello Fellow Athenites!

I'm wondering if any of you/your colleges have an equipment loan program (CCTVs? (portable or ?), laptops with AT installed, ALDs, etc. And, if you do, do you have a written policy/statement of rights and responsibilities for students, and do you have them sign something before they are loaned the equipment? I hope this makes sense. And, would you be willing to share those documents with me so I have some idea of how to craft our documents.

We're finding more and more of our students in disadvantaged situations, and where they do not qualify for state services for a variety of reasons. In the case of low vision who could utilize a portable CCTV such as a Topaz PHD or like, it would seem advantageous to allow them to check out a portable device to carry between campuses, classes and home. Yes, I know... 3,000$ +/- is a lot for replacing a piece of equipment that may or may not come back in a workable state but...

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
NJ
________________________________
NJ Brand, ATAC
Houston Community College-Northwest
ADA Technician
College Educational & Technology Services - C.E.T.S.
Room RC13
1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N.
Houston TX 77043
VM/Office: 713.718.5604
FAX: 713.718.5430
Email: normajean.brand at hccs.edu<mailto:normajean.brand at hccs.edu>

If you have an appointment and cannot make it, please call the office at 713-718-5604 and cancel. A new appointment can be made at that time. Cancellation notice must be provided at least 24 hours in advance by phone or email so the time can be released. Thank you!

If you have a counseling emergency, please call 911. Ability/Counseling/AT Services staff members do not maintain 24-hour access to e-mail accounts, but do check email during regularly scheduled business hours.

***Confidentiality Notice (FERPA & HIPAA)***
Because e-mail is not a secure medium, confidentiality of e-mail cannot be guaranteed. This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C._2510-2521. The information in this email is confidential and may contain information that is privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s); access to anyone else is unauthorized. If you received this message in error, do not review, disseminate, distribute or copy it. Please notify the sender by reply email immediately that you received the message in error and then delete the message and any attachments in its entirety. Thank you for helping maintain privacy.