[Athen] Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group Kickoff Meeting

Lane, Lori lorilane at illinois.edu
Fri May 20 06:54:53 PDT 2016

Hello Blackboard Accessibility-Minded Folks,
We will be kicking off our first "Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group" online meeting on June 1st. The meeting time is listed below by time zone.

* Pacific time: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM

* Mountain time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM

* Central time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM

* Eastern time: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Join online meeting <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__meet.illinois.edu_jongund_KTL5PWB2&d=CwMF-g&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=yLNhwiX8iZacT6vVxox7Z_NGnpPZIttYTawwWKe49W8&m=6LLnCH-nBU-2r0CmpFOTc9PQaCxc2Yz0DHz_6dHJaFw&s=dik_hWzcqsFZZIykgFF6z5dhJrP9pxZ7EguF4JC7clg&e=>
https://meet.illinois.edu/jongund/KTL5PWB2 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__meet.illinois.edu_jongund_KTL5PWB2&d=CwMF-g&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=yLNhwiX8iZacT6vVxox7Z_NGnpPZIttYTawwWKe49W8&m=6LLnCH-nBU-2r0CmpFOTc9PQaCxc2Yz0DHz_6dHJaFw&s=dik_hWzcqsFZZIykgFF6z5dhJrP9pxZ7EguF4JC7clg&e=>
Join by Phone
+1 217 332 6338
+1 312 994 8410
+1 888 983 3631
Find a local number <https://dialin.uillinois.edu>
Conference ID: 17595705
This meeting will reactivate our Blackboard accessibility group, which will be renamed "Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group". The former group, "Blackboard Collaborate Accessibility Interest Group" contributed a lot of time and effort to the accessibility of Blackboard and achieved several goals, including:

* Helping Blackboard understand accessibility issues from a user's perspective

* Providing Blackboard with ideas on how to solve accessibility issues

* Testing accessibility solutions

* Engaging Blackboard designers in understanding accessibility
As many of you may be aware, there have been some significant changes in the leadership, processes, and products at Blackboard. They have hired an accessibility company, SSB Bart Group, to consult with Blackboard staff and evaluate the accessibility of Blackboard platforms. Blackboard has also provided several community avenues for members to participate in discussion related to Blackboard in general, including its accessibility.
What our group plans to do:

1. Prioritize our top Blackboard accessibility issues based on the needs of our institutions

2. Document possible accessibility solutions to issues

3. Present information to Blackboard

4. Ask Blackboard to respond to our priorities and timelines
We look forward to your participation on June 1st!
Regards,
Jon Gunderson
Lori Lane
Hadi Rangin