[Athen] Time estimates for remediation

Preast, Vanessa vanessa.preast at dmu.edu
Mon Nov 21 16:57:16 PST 2016

Hello ATHENites,

I’d really appreciate if the experienced document and content remediators out there can help me estimate how long a person (probably a faculty member) can expect to spend making each of the following accessible.

These estimates would help me to report some estimated timeline and resource needs for us to make our online course content accessible.

How many hours are each of the following likely to require?

1. A 30-slide PowerPoint with images, animated shapes, color contrast challenges

2. A 2-page Word document with text boxes, images, tables, lists, no headings

3. A 2-page PDF document made from above Word document

4. A 10-page PDF journal article from a publisher

5. Captioning a 2-minute video

6. 300-word Course Welcome message in HTML built in the Learning Management System’s HTML-editor (possible misuse of color, link naming, font sizes/types and headings)

Thanks,
Vanessa