[Athen] Course Universal Design for Online Learning
hadir at uw.edu
Sat Oct 8 12:29:49 PDT 2016
Please forward this announcement to anyone who can benefit from this course.
Universal Design for Online Learning
Universal design seeks to make online learning equitable, flexible, and accessible for all types of learners. In this course you will discover how principles of Universal Design can help you create course content that can be accessed and used by anyone, including people with disabilities. By the end of this course, you will have a good understanding of universal design principles for online learning, potential accessibility/usability issues that need to be considered in course design, and how to create more accessible/usable course content. As the focus will be on web accessibility, familiarity with HTML is desired but not required. Participants should also have familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF programs. This is an ION (Illinois Online Network) course delivered asynchronously through MVCR.org<http://www.ion.uillinois.edu/courses/aboutmvcr/>.
* Develop an understanding of universal design principles for online learning.
* Understand how people with disabilities access the web and other formats.
* Understand potential accessibility/usability issues that need to be considered in course design and instruction.
* Understand accessibility issues with multimedia content and potential solutions for them.
* Create more accessible/usable HTML-based course content.
* Create more accessible/usable Microsoft Word documents.
* Create more accessible/usable Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
* Create more accessible/usable Adobe PDF documents.
* Instructor: Hadi Rangin
* Co-instructor: Marc Thompson
* Credit hours: 2 (if taken for credit through UIS as CSC 410)
* Length: 8 weeks (October 17, 2016 to December 10, 2016)
* Cost: see http://www.ion.uillinois.edu/courses/students/cost.asp for details
* For more information contact: Illinois Online Network 877-775-8345 phone, email ion-mail at uillinois.edu<mailto:ion-mail at uillinois.edu>, or see the course catalog description<http://www.ion.uillinois.edu/courses/catalog/C-CourseDetail.asp?course=47>.
* To register for this course visit http://www.ion.uillinois.edu/courses/register/index.asp?course=47
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list