[Athen] Reminder - Announcing AHEAD's Fall tech webinar series - ATHEN Discount!

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at email.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 28 18:36:46 PDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

Another AHEAD Technology Webinar is coming up Tuesday, November 1st and remember you receive a discount as an ATHEN member! See below for a description of the 11/1 session with Jane Berliss-Vincent where she discusses “Working with Vendors to Achieve Accessible Solutions”

****
Hello ATHEN Members!

Did you know that as an ATHEN Member you qualify for the member discount on any AHEAD webinars?

AHEAD has announced its Fall 2016 Webinar Series, which includes a complete set of webinars focused on technology accessibility.

To view topics, speakers and descriptions and to register for any of the webinars, visit the AHEAD Tech Webinar Series home page:
http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_16_17

For a complete listing of webinars across all topic areas, visit the main 2016-17 AHEAD Webinars page:
https://www.ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars-16-17

******
Working with Vendors to Achieve Accessible Solutions
November 1, Tuesday 3:00-4:30; Eastern Time
Presenter: Jane Berliss-Vincent, Assistive Technology Manager, University of Michigan

Description: Current law puts the responsibility on postsecondary institutions to adopt accessible products rather than on vendors to make their products accessible. We will discuss strategies for working with vendors to achieve desired accessibility outcomes. A new resource has also been developed to support vendors on accessibility topics called the Vendor Guide to Web Accessibility, a project of the Big 10 Academic Alliance ITAG group to provide necessary information to the administrative decision makers within commercial companies.

Remember - Cost for ATHEN Members to attend this and any of the other AHEAD Webinar sessions is the same as AHEAD members. When registering for the webinar, choose the option for “I qualify for AHEAD member rates” to get your discount!

We hope you take advantage of this benefit!

ATHEN Executive Committee

~~
Dawn Hunziker
IT Accessibility Consultant