[Athen] Career Opportunity - The Ohio State University

Bossley, Pete bossley.5 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 10 09:13:35 PDT 2016

I'm writing to share a career opportunity here at OSU - a key part of our accessibility team. We hope that you will share this with any qualified and interested candidates that you may know.
Not sure if this would be called a benefit or a downside, but you would get to work with me a lot! :) Columbus is a great place to live and work.

The OCIO Accessibility Analyst will promote accessibility in the OCIO as defined by the OSU ADA Coordinator; ensures new software is evaluated and necessary accommodations and/or remediation are negotiated prior to purchase; ensures that existing software is evaluated in a timely manner based on risk, and that proper accommodation and/or remediation efforts are planned and carried through; consults with OCIO departments and vendors to evaluate their products and recommend designs and development strategies to improve the accessibility of their product; ensures an appropriate audit trail is maintained for all evaluations, and that accommodation/remediation efforts are tracked and reported; plans and carries out events to raise awareness of accessibility in the Office of the CIO; offers training opportunities in how to evaluate the accessibility of products, and on best practices in accessible design and coding; participate in efforts of the OSU ADA Coordinators Office when needed for the greater good of the University.

To apply or for a complete position description, follow this link.<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.jobsatosu.com_postings_73048&d=CwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=u55tUNlsfNRySQb1tlJUgAmQK-LWuTgj-tRt6zvmLfM&m=KbD0zwldiE3LZTkFGWFvZw9923HdsU9ZMPlFjsu4OjU&s=maz5wyN63DszbsuEbReJsiXOHNOkboX5_8qb-mh2w-g&e=>