[Athen] Globally Defining Inclusive Education - Free WAG Webinar October 5

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Thu Sep 29 09:15:29 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

All are invited to attend an upcoming free webinar sponsored by the Web
Accessibility Group (WAG<http://www.amacusg.gatech.edu/wag/Main_Page>) for
Higher Education.

Topic: Globally Defining Inclusive Education: Why we need a Global Inclusive
Education Standard

Date: Wednesday October 5, 2016

Time: 11:00am-12:00pm (ET)

Presenter: Karen McCall, M.Ed. of Karlen Communications

This session will address the need for equitable access to higher education,
where accessible education would be the international norm. A fascinating
conversation on globally inclusive education with the Canadian delegate to
several ISO committees.

There are three converging events that require us to start thinking about
and planning for a global inclusive education standard:

1. More countries are ratifying the UN Convention on the Rights of
Persons with Disabilities.

2. The UN Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 include Goal 4 which is
Education and Goal 4.5 which identifies inclusive education.

3. 3. We live in a global community with increasingly global
educational and employment opportunities.

If we fail to identify a baseline of inclusive education, we fail those of
us with disabilities and the global community.

Login (and Recording) information available on the WAG Homepage, under WAG
Monthly Meetings<http://www.amacusg.gatech.edu/wag/Main_Page>.

Please feel free to share this announcement with others at your location.

Cheers, Karen