[Athen] Coursera Captions?

Howard Kramer hkramer at ahead.org
Fri Apr 7 10:34:30 PDT 2017

Hi Dawn,

>From my own experience with Coursera they seem to be done automatically

once you publish the lesson containing the video. This seems to take a few
days. The accuracy seems very good with an occasional error. I need to find
out the process for requesting corrections. If you or anyone comes across
that let me know.

Thanks,
Howard

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) <
hunziker at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I’m researching MOOC captions and see that Coursera has subtitles however

> I’m not seeing anything about how those subtitles are created. Do you know?

> I’ve watched a couple of videos from a UA MOOC and I’m not seeing errors so

> far…

> https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/208279826-Video-subtitles

> Thanks!

> Dawn

> ~~

> Dawn Hunziker

> IT Accessibility Consultant

> Disability Resource Center

> University of Arizona

> 1224 E. Lowell St.

> Tucson, AZ 85721

> Phone: 520-626-9409 <(520)%20626-9409>

> Fax: 520-626-5500 <(520)%20626-5500>

> hunziker at email.arizona.edu

> http://drc.arizona.edu

Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator
Accessing Higher Ground
303-492-8672
cell: 720-351-8668

Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Denver, Colorado, Nov 13-17, 2017.
Request for proposals will be announced at the beginning of March.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up
of webinars, *AHEADtoYOU!
<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars>* And the *Technology
Access Series <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>*.
Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your
earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.
<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*