[Athen] essential criteria across all products

Kurkjian, Nazely Nazely.Kurkjian at suny.edu
Wed Apr 19 12:04:20 PDT 2017

Good afternoon,

I'm developing a process for accessible technology acquisitions. Have you identified accessibility criteria that is essential across all products? Something like "accessible via keyboard alone" or "images have alt text". I'm trying to find items in 508/WCAG AA that are absolutely essential across the board. We'd like to mandate these criteria in RFP.

Also, do you have certain criterion for specific types of products? Example: All audio-visual products and services must have ability to caption.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Nazely

[circle]<http://www.suny.edu/>

Nazely Kurkjian (she, her, hers)
Coordinator of Disability, Diversity, and Nontraditional Student Services
The State University of New York
State University Plaza - Albany, New York 12246
Tel: 518.445.4078 Fax: 518.320.1557
Be a part of Generation SUNY: Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/generationsuny> - Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/SUNY> - YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/generationsuny>