[Athen] iframes - are they accessible?

Corrine Schoeb kschoeb1 at swarthmore.edu
Fri Apr 21 13:36:47 PDT 2017

We are debating about using iframes on a website and i thought I'd reach
out to you all to see what you advice you might have.

My understanding from
http://davidmacd.com/blog/is-title-attribute-on-iframe-required-by-wcag.html
is that they may not be fully accessible, particularly for VoiceOver.

Then again http://webaim.org/techniques/frames/#iframe, along with
http://accessibility.psu.edu/frames/#iframe, implies they might be as long
as they have the title attribute.

Is adding the title enough to allow screen readers to access the content of
an iframe?

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including
by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the
security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit
http://www.swarthmore.edu/its/security