[Athen] Inaccessible YouTube Embeds

Jennifer Sutton jsuttondc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:05:06 PDT 2017

Greetings, ATHENites:

Apologies in advance for cross-posting to the Web AIM list, too.

If memory serves, this is a bug that's been around for a long time, and
I suspect it's been discussed here, as well as many other places.

Thanks to Laura Carlson's weekly newsletter for the excerpt, below.

Thought some of you might like to be aware, though we'll see how long it
may take to see action.

Best,

Jennifer

Inaccessible YouTube Embeds
By Adrian Roselli.
"Most of us in the accessibility biz (do we call it that? I think we
call it that…) already know that YouTube's default embed code is
problematic. Specifically, the fact that the <iframe> does not have a
title attribute is an automatic WCAG 2.0 AA failure..."
http://adrianroselli.com/2017/08/inaccessible-youtube-embeds.html