[Athen] FW: Interactive Accessibility is looking for an
athenpresident at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:26:53 PST 2017
Job opportunity as Accessibility Specialists at Interactive Accessibility.
Please see below.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Curry <jeremyc at ia11y.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:01:38 +0000
Subject: [WebAIM] Interactive Accessibility is looking for an Accessibility
We are looking to hire an Accessibility Specialist. If you or someone you
know is interested, please check out the info below. Feel free to forward
to other a11y groups, social media, or other interested parties.
Join one of the fastest growing accessibility companies
Interactive Accessibility is hiring professionals who are creative,
intelligent, detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative. Qualified
candidates should submit a resume and cover letter using the contact us<
http://www.interactiveaccessibility.com/contact> form, by email to
info at ia11y.com, or fax it to (978) 560-1251.
Accessibility Specialist Job Description
* Assess websites for accessibility compliance according to WCAG 2.0
and Section 508
* Write detailed reports of reviewed products indicating accessibility
problems and recommended modifications
* Providing code samples illustrating how to implement recommended
* Keep abreast of technology changes and guideline/specification
* Collaborate with senior accessibility specialists to resolve complex
* Contribute to other company accessibility efforts, such as
participating in special projects, providing in-person training to clients,
answering help desk questions, writing blog posts, and presenting at
Essential Qualifications and Skills
* Degree in Computer Science or related comparable experience
* 2 or more years experience evaluating websites for accessibility
according to WCAG 2.0 and Section 508
* Working knowledge of WCAG 2.0, WAI-ARIA, and Section 508
* Experience working with assistive technologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Independent self-starter who can operate in a remote environment
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
* Experience with evaluating accessibility on mobile devices, both
native apps and HTML-based apps
* Experience training or teaching
About Interactive Accessibility
Interactive Accessibility is recognized globally as a leading consulting
organization that specializes in accessible websites, web applications,
documents, and mobile applications. We work with many leading corporations,
trade associations, non-profits, foundations, educational institutions and
government entities to produce individual solutions to meet their needs in
the evolving field of information technology accessibility.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a cover
letter to info at ia11y.com.
For more info, go to: http://www.interactiveaccessibility.com/careers
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list