[Athen] Innocaption sign up (DHOH use)

Joshua Hori jhori at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 18 12:37:33 PST 2017

Hello All!

So I wanted to inform you about a free service for DHOH individuals to use on their smartphones. The service is called Innocaption, and I've been informed that ALL of us Assistive Technology Professionals can sign up for the service for testing purposes and demoing to students.

You can sign up for the service here: www.innocaption.com/register<http://www.innocaption.com/register>

Sign up and ignore the penalty of perjury page, just go ahead and sign (Approved by Vendor). Once signed up, send your contact information (name, title, and cell phone number) to Cristina Duarte @ cristinaduarte at innocaption.com<mailto:cristinaduarte at innocaption.com>. Make sure to request contact details for Cristina in case of dropped calls due to misuse. (If she questions it, please state that I referred you to her)

Uses:

Can be used for:

- Personal calls.

- Assistive Technology Professionals for demo purposes.

- Online courses where other students/faculty/individuals are joining remotely.

- Online meetings where other students/staff/faculty/individuals are joining via phone too.

Can NOT be used for:

- Replacement of CART or interpreter services for online courses or meetings.

o If everyone is in the room, Innocaption cannot be used as a conference bridge for captioning.

- Remote locations may NOT use the service as a substitute for in-person CART or Interpreters.

Best,

Joshua Hori
Accessible Technology Analyst
Student Disability Center