[Athen] Facebook accessibility

Kurkjian, Nazely Nazely.Kurkjian at suny.edu
Tue Jan 24 11:49:05 PST 2017

Good afternoon,

As you know, campuses and systems use Facebook to share news, market events, reach out to prospective students, host student club pages, and so on. What are your experiences with Facebook's accessibility? If features are inaccessible, how do you address them?

We are exploring Facebook Workplace, which is primarily for campus employees, but the rep says the accessibility of Facebook Workplace is inherited from the consumer Facebook. From my basic testing with NVDA and VoiceOver, there are many issues...I don't have consumer Facebook so I can't test that but if the accessibility is inherited, it seems pretty inaccessible, at least for keyboard access. The product is free so how do you engage with vendors to improve accessibility of free products?

Thank you,
Nazely

[circle]<http://www.suny.edu/>

Nazely Kurkjian
Coordinator of Disability, Diversity, and Nontraditional Student Services
The State University of New York
State University Plaza - Albany, New York 12246
Tel: 518.445.4078 Fax: 518.320.1557
Be a part of Generation SUNY: Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/generationsuny> - Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/SUNY> - YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/generationsuny>