[Athen] Sonocent campus wide?

Joshua Hori jhori at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:23:03 PDT 2017

Rachel,

Academic Senate stopped me from going campus wide due to not wanting their "intellectual property" recorded. I'm trying to convince them it's the new podcast recorded on mobile devices and uploaded to course shared cloud environments in a Sonocent proprietary format (.ran for desktop recordings and .mran for mobile recordings) not really known by the public. It would also make notetaking a little easier since professors could share their audio and students could use that to perform an "audio replace" and overwrite their audio recording, maintaining their highlighted notes in the process. (it's magical)

I didn't have these problems when making SensusAccess, JAWS or ClaroRead available to the campus community.

I see that Sonocent is now releasing a mobile bundle. Shotgun mic, 6000mA battery, Desktop client and Sonocent link (Mobile Pro version). I'm attempting to convert my 100 licenses to the mobile bundles, without the hardware.

Check out the R&W Chrome plugin. There's another plugin to add where you can OCR content using only the R&W Chrome plugin, which is helpful to those on Chromebooks.

Joshua