[Athen] Job Opening - Texas A&M Information Technology
Kauder, Cynthia G
ckauder at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 14 14:56:34 PDT 2017
We have an opening within the Texas A&M Information Technology, specifically our accessibility services team, for an IT Policy Analyst II. The IT Policy Analyst II is responsible for performing complex and non-routine IT policy, practice and regulatory compliance administration functions, such as troubleshooting, analysis, problem-solving and documentation. The primary duties include:
* Assess, document and analyze IT regulatory compliance factors and metrics against established laws and standards using resources such as web accessibility scans, assistive technology devices, usability/product testing, voluntary product accessibility templates (VPATs), and utilization of enterprise testing tools. Produce reports and summaries for management and/or users including status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, and system utilization reports.
* Aid in developing, implementing and monitoring standardized accessibility practices for websites, instructional material development, procurement, and essential university business processes.
* Participate with management personnel in planning, directing, and coordinating operational and/or procedural matters to meet goals and objectives of a comprehensive campus wide accessibility plan. Communicate the complex topics of accessibility campus wide to further goals of our program. Participate on campus committees and work groups as required.
* Consult with campus stakeholders on accessibility practice and process implementation to aid in resolving accessibility issues in their work environments. Outline the proper methods for implementing digital accessibility in systems. This will span a variety of web, mobile, hardware and document systems. Provide training, interpretation, and guidance on accessibility policy and practice issues. Assist with creating and maintaining an accessibility knowledge base for the campus community.
* May coordinate the technical activities of a small project team; assist and mentor other employees in resolving various issues; participate in change management and problem tracking; and perform all or some of the duties of an IT Policy Analyst.
* Participate in training and professional development sessions.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply, visit https://jobpath.tamu.edu/postings/110713.
Cynthia Kauder | EIR Accessibility Coordinator
Texas A&M Information Technology | Texas A&M University
1163 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1163
ph: 979.862.6834 | ckauder at tamu.edu<mailto:ckauder at tamu.edu>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY | FEARLESS on Every Front
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list