[Athen] Information about Ron Stewart

Howard Kramer hkramer at ahead.org
Wed Jun 14 15:50:33 PDT 2017

FYI - received a message from Ron's ex-wife today that Ron would like to
receive phone calls.

The number is below in Sean's email.

-Howard

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 5:26 PM, ATHEN President <athenpresident at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,

> On behalf of the Executive Council at ATHEN, I am are saddened to inform

> our community about the health of one of our longtime members and leaders

> in the field of access technology.

> Ron Stewart, one of the founding members of ATHEN (Access Technology in

> Higher Education Network), a member of the Executive Board at AHEAD

> (Association on Higher Education and Disability), and a life-long advocate

> for accessibility, has recently gone into hospice care with significant

> health complications.

> Should you decide to call or visit, please know that he is slipping in and

> out of awareness and may not remember all details. Any cards, letters,

> photos, or flowers would be welcome at the care facility (please make sure

> to label photos). Your voice, your presence, your thoughts and messages of

> love and support will all be welcome.

> Melanie Thornton and Wink Harner will be setting up a Caring Bridge page

> to help Ron’s family with funeral and legal costs. Contributions above

> actual costs will be directed to create a scholarship in Ron’s name.

> Details will follow with links to the Caring Bridge page as soon as

> possible.

> Please note that Ron no longer has a cell phone. You may use the care

> facility phone line to reach him. Here is his contact information:

> Ron Stewart

> c/o Jefferson Lodge

> 664 SE Jefferson Street

> Dallas OR 97338

> Phone: 503-623-8104 <(503)%20623-8104>

> Thank you for the support, encouragement, and love you can send his way.

> Yours truly,

> Sean Keegan and ATHEN Executive Council

> For more information, contact:

> Wink Harner

> Adaptive Technology Consulting & Training

> Alternative Text & Media Production

> The Foreign Type

> Cell: 480-984-0034 <(480)%20984-0034>

> foreigntype at gmail.com

> winkharner1113 at gmail.com

> ATHEN EXECUTIVE COUNCIL – Member at Large

Howard Kramer
Conference Coordinator
Accessing Higher Ground
303-492-8672
cell: 720-351-8668

Join us for the *Accessing Higher Ground Conference
<http://accessinghigherground.org/>* in Denver, Colorado, Nov 13-17, 2017.
Request for proposals will be announced at the beginning of March.

Complete program information and registration is open for our full line-up
of webinars, *AHEADtoYOU!
<http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/webinars>* And the *Technology
Access Series <http://ahead.org/learn/virtual-learning/at_webinars_15_16>*.
Site capacities for all webinar events is limited; please register at your
earliest convenience for the largest selection.

Not yet a member of AHEAD? *We welcome you to join AHEAD now.
<http://ahead.org/join/become-a-member>*