[Athen] Thoughts on upgrading to ABBYY Fine Reader 14

Justin Romack justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 20 07:20:27 PDT 2017

Howdy ATHENites!

Our alt format program is currently running version 12 of ABBYY Fine Reader. We have well-established, well-documented procedures in place for managing our current workflow using this version, but it's been asked of me if we should upgrade to the latest version of the program.

Is anyone else using ABBYY Fine Reader 14 - and can you tell me what features, if any, persuaded you to make the jump? Is anyone like me and cautious about upgrading?

Any feedback you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

---
Justin Romack | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Disability Services | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224
ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu | disability.tamu.edu